The TBARG/Munson Emergency Communications exercise on April 19, 2017, was our first major exercise for 2017. A huge thank you to all those who volunteered and a thank you to Munson for this opportunity. Here are a few of the highlights:
- We now have 23 ham radio operators with Munson ID’s and credentials. These ID’s are valid at ALL of Munson Healthcare facilities in Northern Michigan.
- We staffed the Munson EOC, ran Net Control from the Munson “penthouse”, staffed TBARG Operations (Glen’s office), Munson Community Health Center, Paul Oliver Hospital, Charlevoix and McLaren Hospitals, Petoskey EOC (a especial thank you to the CCE group), and maintained contact with the Leelanau exercise that was happening at the same time.
- We used ICS policies and procedures using the ICS forms 205 and 213 during the procedure.
- Used an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of locations, personnel, and communication frequencies. This and other exercise data was easily viewed on a Google Drive shared folder.
- Developed a magnetic/dry erase board for a visual overview of locations, personnel, and command structure. Business cards for each volunteer was also developed.